|Dial-Up Networking - Windows 2000
- Right-Click on the 'My Network Places' icon. This will
open the 'Network Properties' window.
- Double-Click on the 'Make New Connection' icon.
- Network Connection Wizard
This will guide you through the configuration of your Windows 2000
- Network Connection Type
Click into 'Dial-up the Internet, then click 'Next'
- Set Up Your Internet Connection
Click into 'Connect using my phone line' Click 'Next'
- Internet account connection information
enter in your dial-up phone number (the number for Lismore is shown
here) Click 'Advanced'
- Advanced Connection Properties - Connection Tab
Ensure that your screen is identical to this image Click onto the
- Advanced Connection Properties - Addresses Tab
Ensure your screen is identical to this image Click 'OK'
- Internet account logon information
Enter your username and password. (case sensitive) Click 'Next'
- Configuring your computer
Type in 'Nornet' into the Connection name Click 'Next'
- Complete Configuration
All done (nearly) Click 'Finish'
- Your Dial-up Connections window should now look similar to
You should see the new connection you just created. Double-Click
onto the Nornet icon
- This is the default window you will see
It doesn't show you a lot of information though. Click the 'Properties'
- Nornet properties - General Tab
Ensure your screen is identical to this image Note: this is the
Lismore phone number Click the 'Configure' button
- Modem Configuration
By default, your modem may be set at a maximum speed of 9600 bps.
Change this to match the speed of your modem Click 'OK'
- Click across to the 'Options' tab
You should now see this screen. Place the ticks as shown here. You
may wish to adjust the 'Idle time before hanging up' seting. Click
across to the 'Security' Tab
- Security Tab
Ensure your screen is identical to this image.
Click across to the 'Networking' Tab
- Networking Tab
Ensure that there is a tick in "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" You
may have different components than what is listed here. The TCP/IP
must be in here Click across to the 'Shared Access' Tab
- Shared Access Tab
You should not have to adjust anything on this screen. Click 'OK'
- You should now see a screen very similar to the one shown here
Check that you are using the correct username and password, and then
connect to Nornet by clicking on the 'Dial' button.
|[ Return to Technical Page ]